[IPython-dev] winreadline

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:20:00 EST 2006

Regarding winreadline -

To be honest, I don't think making it a subpackage for ipython is the
best way to go through this. Your modifications to readline are of
general value, not limited just to ipython. It should be a stand-alone
package that just gets imported by ipython if available.

We should make the package easy_install:able for the whole world, but
also ship it in the same tarball as ipython. It should probably also
be maintained in the IPython SVN repo.

I don't expect the net work to be significantly larger, but the net
gain can potentially be. Thoughts?