[IPython-dev] [RFC] I want to fix some behaviour. Hints needed

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:20:09 EST 2006

On 1/13/06, Hans Meine <hans_meine at gmx.net> wrote:

> FWIW, I have "\e]2;\w [\u@\h]\a" in my PS1.  (Guarded by "\[...\]" to tell the
> shell that this does not add to the prompt length within the window.)

Confirmed -

def set_title(title,mode=0):
        sys.stdout.write('\033]%d;%s\007' % (mode,title))

works fine, though the mode does not seem to do anything.

konsole seems to only change the first part of the name, so I get "foo
- Shell - ipython" while gnome-terminal goes all the way.

Now there's our posix implementation for this functionality, I suppose
it's harmless on plain old tty as well.

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
  Can't you see the world is burning