[IPython-dev] Build doc script patch

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Wed Jan 11 16:50:06 EST 2006

Hi,

the 0.7.0 is working fine for me. But today I tried to generate the
pdf-doc for the first time. And I realized the build scripts are
hardcore unix and does not work on windows (without cygwin). This seems
unecessary since the functionality could be easily implemented in
python. I have attached a patch that implements this for windows. I have
left out the modifications necessary for unix. The patch contains three
files:

update_manual.bat:
batchfile that calls the update_manual.py script with ipython
update_manual.py

build_doc_instruction.txt:
Some instructions on how to build the manual. Since the readme files in
this directory does not contain any information on how to build the docs

update_manual.py:
python program that performs the duties of update_magic.sh and
update_version.sh if called by ipython update_manual.py.

Perhaps update_manual.py should be changed to run using just python. But
  I could not figure out how to do this. It would also be nice if the
script exits when finished, but I'm not sure how to do this either.

/Jörgen