[IPython-dev] wildcard feature

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 04:39:18 EDT 2005

> Well, the way I see it, ? is already there for finding information about
> objects.  This seems like a quite natural extension: when you don't know the
> actual name of an object, this can help you find it.  For example, this

Ah, of course, didn't think of that. I use "foo??" all the time and
forgot about the prefix syntax.

> ps - Ville, what came out of your win32 experiments?  I'd forgotten to ping
> you again on that, sorry...

Working as it should be. Didn't you apply the patch to your working
copy as well? I'm still +1 on implementing the feature for both ! (the
variant I tried, and also a safe bet) and also system command aliases.

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb