[IPython-dev] Re: [IPython SVN] New commit performed by fperez

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Tue Sep 6 05:57:50 EDT 2005

Le Mardi 16 Août 2005 22:52, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> I normally don't mention all SVN commits here, but in this case there is
> an API change which may impact some users.  Please see the commit log
> below.  It will only affect those who use custom exception handlers, and
> they can still have the same functionality as before.  It's just that
> instead of using the
>
> self.code_to_run_src
>
> attribute, if they want to print/use source information they can either
> use the self.buffer object, which is a list of lines, or assemble a
> string via
>
> '\n'.join(self.buffer)
>
> I hadn't realized I was duplicating this attribute, and duplication like
> this is bugs waiting to happen.

Even if I'm still using the stable version, I made the modification, and it
works fine. Thank's, Fernando.

During the operation, I found a little bug. When ipython completes the code
with (), in case of callable, function or methode call, it adds a trailing
\n character to the code, but not when user writes the () himself.

Could it be possible to have the same behaviour in both cases (with or
without the trailing \n, it doesn't matter) ?

Thank's,

--
   Frédéric