[IPython-dev] ESC_QUOTE in InteractiveShell

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Feb 18 01:47:59 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm playing around with the implementation of a small scripting language
in IPython, and it turns out one of the bits of behavior I need is
auto-quoting.  (More on the *purpose* of all of this at a later date...)

If you look at iplib.py, line 1556, you'll see:

	if pre == self.ESC_QUOTE: ...

This is the 'if' statement that I need to have always be true for my
purposes.  If I can make a clean patch to add this as a configuration
option ('autoquote' or some such) or at least provide an API handle
to set this option, would there be any objections?

thanks,
--titus