[IPython-dev] Re: python-mode.el (was Generic gui_thread + IPython: solution already exists!)

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Nov 15 23:03:52 EST 2004

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Well, your ancient 2003 patch is in the patch queue on the SF tracker.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=783254&group_id=86916&atid=581351

Huh, that patch seems to have Skip's name on it, not mine.  And I don't quite
recall having ever submitted a patch to python-mode (though I might have
forgotten).  Are you sure it's mine?

> I think the best approach would be to mail Skip Montanaro
> <montanaro at tttech.com> (or <skip at pobox.com>) directly and ask what one
> has to do to get the darned thing applied.  Its a pain to keep
> updating our version of python-mode as they make changes to it.
>
> I'm going to write to him now and will CC you.

At any rate, this is good.  I hope they pick that ball up, it's a silly
duplication of effort on our part, and we have more than enough fish to fry
around here.

Many thanks,