[IPython-dev] Re: [SciPy-dev] Generic gui_thread + IPython: solution already exists!

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Nov 15 10:56:24 EST 2004

    Prabhu> Attached is a patch for IPython/Shell.py.  The diff is
    Prabhu> against the CVS version of Shell.py.  A summary of what
    Prabhu> I've done:

    JH> I haven't looked closely at this, but with ipython cvs + your
    JH> patch, I'm getting a lot of ipython shell freezes in pylab
    JH> mode with GTKAgg backend.

More information would be appreciated as would test cases.  My simple
tests seem to work ok.  How about the other backends?  WXAgg, WX, GTK
and GTKAgg all seem to work ok for me.  However, I have not really
stressed anything out to really know for sure.

BTW, I am using matplotlib version 0.62.4.

cheers,
prabhu