[IPython-dev] Re: Windows fixes, new prompts in CVS, testers?

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:54:30 EDT 2004

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Fernando Perez (2004-06-08 08:42 +0100)

> The coloured out prompt now works.

Thanks for the confirmation.

WINDOWS USERS: please note that I'm thinking about making Gary's readline
(which in turn requires ctypes) REQUIREMENTS for ipython.  It makes ipyhton
under windows provide most of the linux functionality, and it finally seems to
work pretty well.

If anyone objects, now is the time to say so.

> But there is now a problem only with the Windows version (not the
> Cygwin):
>
> WARNING: Couldn't start log: [Errno 17] File exists
> Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]
>
> This corresponds to these settings in ipythonrc:
> log 0
> logfile ~/.ipython/ipython.log backup

Bummer.  I'll try to borrow again a windows computer to see if I can test
this.  I suspect the problem is the expansion of '~' under Windows.  Please
try to see if you can set this path explicitly, since I suspect that '~'
doesn't expand to anything sensible under Windows.