[IPython-dev] Tab-completion of data/properties and win32com fix for IPython

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Aug 5 18:30:00 EDT 2004

Jaco Schieke wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>>
>>Works for me here (Linux).  After applying the matches.sort() patch:
>>

> You're right.  This is windows specific - due to the usage of
> pyreadline.  I'll rework the original COM patch for FlexCompleter.py (if
> you're still up for applying it) and see what Gary has to say on pyreadline.

Sure, that one, I have nothing against (since it doesn't affect Unix in any
way :).  I'd like to hear the opinion of others more experienced with Windows,
though.  I have zero basis for judging whether it's a good idea or not.

But in principle, unless someone objects on technical grounds (with an
explanation), I can put that one in.

Thanks for heeding my call for -u patches, but please send them as
attachments.  It's much easier for me to save a standalone diff file than to
mess with either cut/paste (which always has problems with some email clients,
and I need to use several different ones), or saving the whole email and then
retrimming it.

For various reasons I use multiple mail clients, so I have no integrated tools
for handling patches directly embedded into the messages.  Having them as
attachments with a proper filename makes the process much smoother.  I know
there are others who prefer inlined patches, this depends a lot on how your
toolchain is setup.  Sorry to insist, but given that for contributors it's a
small effort, but for me that extra time is multiplied by all patches sent, I
really must.

Best,