[IPython-dev] Patch for IPython with color on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Wed Nov 19 16:20:55 EST 2003

Gary Bishop wrote:
> I have attached a patch for IPython 0.5-cvs that, along with my
> readline package, will make IPython on Windows work like it does on
> more capable systems.

Great!  After having ignored your work for so long, I'll try to do better this
time.  I also have some other patches from Jeff Collins I need to look at, so
it will be a good thing to wrap all this into a release.

We had some problems with our systems and are still recovering slowly, so my
system access may be spotty for a few more days.  But I'll fold in Jeff's and
your code, plus:

- the dreload patch
- I'll try to fix the gettext() bug
- I'll try to fix compatibility with Gnuplot.py v. 1.7, which changed a lot.

If we get all this, it will make a very nice new release, I think.  Please let
me know of anything else anyone may think is immediately outstanding to put on
this list.

> I'll be happy to help in any way I can to get these or some better
> variant into IPython.

I'll have a look at the code as is, and let you know if any changes are needed.

Many thanks,

f.