[Inpycon] Ideas for Pycon India 2023

Sanchit Balchandani balchandani.sanchit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 08:57:00 EDT 2023

Hi Adarsh,

First of all thanks for your email and for sharing your experience. I'd
like to attempt to answer some of your questions. Others, feel free to
pitch in.

I am inspired by the way Pycascades was organized and the strength of
> regional communities in the Americas. Would love to volunteer and see them
> replicated in India also.

Sure, we'll be opening the "Call for Volunteers" form very soon for PyCon
India. Please feel free to register.

>    -  It would be great if we can plan some keynotes/sessions from
>    Steering council members.
>
> AFAIK, we have had keynote speakers in past from Steering Council members,
but I'd let others also confirm.
Feel free to explore the previous year's PyCon India website
https://inpycon.org/<year> to see details

It would be great if we can arrange an online platform for
> keynotes/sessions and Q&A with them if they are willing to speak.

This year, we plan to do an in-person conference so chances are less likely
for doing online Keynotes, but we'll surely explore the option.

>    - Sprints
>
> We have had DevSpsints in most of the earlier versions of PyCon India and
we'd be doing Sprints this year as well

> Sessions from Indian core-devs

We've had sessions/keynotes for Indian Core Devs in the past AFAIK, and
this year as well we'll encourage Indian Core Devs to submit proposals

>    - CFP Call and Review process
>
> The CFP process is executed using an open-source tool called Junction(
https://github.com/pythonindia/junction),
we'll have a team of volunteers and experts in the CFP review group who
takes care of shortlisting & selection.
Once the call for volunteers is out, please feel free to submit your
interest as a volunteer.

> 1. Can we accept online-session submissions also (Speakers looking to give
> the talk remotely)?

Since this year, we are doing an in-person conference post-COVID so we
don't have plans of doing remote talks.

>    - Can we plan an online community of Python developers all over India?
>
> This is a question for a larger forum, so I'd let the other senior members
of the community comment on this.

Hope this helps.

Best
Sanchit