[Inpycon] PyCon India 2023 @Hyderabad | Proposal

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 04:42:42 EST 2023

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 at 08:16, Chandan Kumar <raukadah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Sanchit & HydPy team,
>
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 at 11:43, Sanchit Balchandani
> <balchandani.sanchit at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > As a follow-up to the discussion on another thread about kickstarting PyCon India, we at HydPy Group would like to submit a formal proposal to host PyCon India 2023 in Hyderabad. We propose hosting PyCon India in Hyderabad from 29th September to 2nd October 2023. Details regarding the proposed conference format, expected number of participants, ticket cost, workgroups, and finance partner are available in this Google doc [1]. We would greatly appreciate your go-ahead to proceed further.
> >
> > We look forward to welcoming the Python community to our city another time. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to share.
> >

> Thank you Sanchit & HydPy team for sending the detailed proposal for
> PyCon India 2023. Thank you for mentioning the detailed
> responsibilities and expected targets.
>
> The suggested event date is from 29th September to 2nd October 2023.
> 2nd Oct is a public holiday in India. Can we get a list of other
> possible dates not colliding with holidays.?

I believe it was intentionally planned that way? Sanchit can probably
chip in here. October 2nd is not a religious holiday either and I
believe these dates are actually ideal so that the folks travelling
back after the conference can rest a day without having to get back to
work / college / working-day responsibilities. And the ones who wish
to attend dev sprints are free to do that too.

My personal opinion is that these dates work best.

If you foresee anything specific regarding how these dates with one of
them being a public Holiday might cause any trouble, then it might be
more fruitful to discuss that.

> Since we have already reached mid march and we have lots of things to
> do in order to organize the conference.
> By seeing the time crunch, We will try to close this thread by 20th Mar, 2023.
>
> In the meantime, I would encourage other Python Local user groups to
> send their proposal.
> Don't forget to send your queries to the team, it will help to make
> the proposal and planning for the conference better.

Since it is an extremely detailed proposal (which should've taken
quite a lot of time and effort to put together) that Sanchit has
shared, maybe it is best to go through it and focus on giving them
feedback than asking others to come up with more detailed proposals?
It was anyway just PyDelhi who did show interest in taking it up until
now.

> With Regards,
>
> Chandan Kumar

Haris Ibrahim K. V.