[Inpycon] Kickstarting the conference again

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Feb 7 02:55:00 EST 2023

Hi everyone,
   The conference didn't happen last year and I'd hate for that to
repeat this year too.

   I understand that the strain and effort needed to pull it off is not
sustainable and can have a negative (especially mental) impact on the
people most vital to the event taking place. At the same time, the value
of a large event has been very clear to me especially for the new folks
that come for it. Short term benefits like being able to chill for a few
days with like minded folks and long term benefits like making
connections that push people's careers forward and provide opportunities
that might be life changing.

   If there are no takers for the organisation, I'd like to be actively
involved in doing it this year. Perhaps take the lead on it. There are
several details which I've not thought about but I'd like to hear
thoughts about this before I commit.

Thanks!

--
Cordially,