[Inpycon] PyCon India 2023: Final updates

Sanchit Balchandani balchandani.sanchit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 13:07:01 EST 2023

Hi All

Sorry for the delay in following up on my previous email; I was occupied
with personal matters for the last 1 month.

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 1:37 PM Sanchit Balchandani <
balchandani.sanchit at gmail.com> wrote:

> What's next?
> - Nivesh, the CoC WG lead from PyCon India 2023, will be publishing a
> transparency report later today on CoC violations and actions taken.
> - Snehith, the Sponsorship WG lead will send a report to all sponsors
> based on promised deliverables.
> - Once all videos are processed by the vendor, we'll do a quality check
> and make them available on YouTube, depending on the consent given.
> - After reimbursements for Speaker Travel and expenses made by some core
> team members, we'll publish detailed balance sheets from both of our
> finance partners (Konfhub and AFROST).
> - Once we wrap up everything for the 2023 event, hopefully by early
> November, I'll initiate an email for the PyCon India 2024 proposals.

Providing updates on some of the open items I mentioned in my email earlier.

   - *CoC Transparency Report*: Shared by Nivesh on the inpycon mailing
   list and with the PSF CoC workgroup.
   - *Video Recording*: There is a problem with the video outputs for all
   tracks. We are exploring solutions with our existing vendor or possibly a
   new one. This may delay the publishing of videos on YouTube.
   - *Reimbursements*: Speaker travel and volunteer/core team member
   reimbursements have been completed.
   - *Finance Report**:* Here is the combined expense & income sheet: Expense
   and income Sheet
   <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FDnrSbiyYdxXjeN5vzv6gwjH_oPeqIyZan4OUPRgYkA/edit#gid=1501072861>
from
   Konfhub(used for foreign sponsors) & AFROST(used for domestic sponsors).
   Please do reach out if you have any questions.
   - *Pending Payments*:
      - *Income*: Sponsorship from Redhat (received today) and Bloomberg
      (pending).
      - *Expenses*: 60k INR to AV vendor, and reimbursements for 2 speakers
      who are yet to fill out the form.

Once these are settled, we'll update the above spreadsheet for
transparency. Overall, I anticipate a surplus of approximately 5+ Lakh
rupees from PyCon India 2023. This amount will stay with Konfhub and AFROST
and can be used by the 2024 team.

*To avoid delays, I'll start a separate thread for PyCon India 2024
proposals as promised. *

Best
Sanchit