[Inpycon] Detailed Proposal for PyCon India 2020 in Bangalore, India

Sayan Chowdhury gmail at yudocaa.in
Thu Mar 5 00:35:57 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

I am Sayan Chowdhury, from the Python community of Bangalore.

Last month, Ritesh had sent an email with the proposal to host PyCon
India in Bangalore. After the positive feedback from the community, we
are sending this detailed proposal to host the event in Bangalore.

Bangalore, the IT hub of the country, is home to a lot of Python
communities and groups, namely BangPypers, PyLadies, PyData, and many
more. Bangalore has also been the host of PyCon India in the past
years. It's been a long time since PyCon India happened in Bangalore,
and the Python community of Bangalore would like to organize the 12th
edition of the event in Bangalore, India.

Dates: 2nd of October 2020 to 5th of October 2020

## Event Size & Format
We will have a 4-day event.
Day 1 & Day 2: Conference Days with a capacity of 1700 people (can be
scaled to 2000)
Day 3 & Day 4: Workshop & Dev Sprints with a total capacity of 650 people

## Team
We've been able to bring in an initial team to make the event
successful. The current members of the organizing team are:
   - Abhishek Mishra
   - Ananyo Maiti
   - Anwesha Das
   - Arun Teja Godavarthi
   - Ashish Kumar Mishra
   - Chandan Kumar
   - Farhaan Buksh
   - Kumar Anirudha
   - Nabarun Pal
   - Neha Kandpal
   - Pratik Anurag
   - Pradhvan Bisht
   - Rayan Das
   - Ritesh Agrawal
   - Sayan Chowdhury (Proposed Chair)
   - Shivam Singhal
   - Vipul Gupta

The above is not an exhaustive list, and more people will be joining
in. We welcome anyone and everyone to join us, especially our previous
year organizers, to help us organize a great conference.

## Potential Venue
We are in the process of drafting the contract with the Sheraton Grand
Bengaluru Whitefield Hotel & Convention Centre for the conference
days.
The venue has three halls:
   - The convention centre with a seating capacity of 2000 people,
which we will be using for the main track.
   - Medium-sized hall with a capacity of 600 people.
   - Smaller hall with a capacity of 300 people.
We are in talks with a couple of venues for the workshop and dev sprints.

## Communication & Planning
The central communication platform for PyCon India 2020 would be Zulip
and IRC. We're using the same Zulip[1] instance used last year. After
login into Zulip, connect to the 2020 discussion stream[2]. The IRC
channel is #pyconindia. The IRC channel is also bridged the Zulip
instance. We would follow up this email with more updates as they come
along.

[1] https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/
[2] https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/224385-2020.2Fdiscussion

Sayan Chowdhury