[Inpycon] PyCon 3D printed keychain

Aakanksha rasponicc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:00:00 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I designed a keychain for Pycon 2020 and 3D printed it[1][2]. I have
released the design on thingiverse[3] so that the community can print it as
well, under the same license as the assets in Pycon India 2020
repository[4]. I have tried my best to design it in a way that it can be
printed by anyone on a single extruder printer.

However, considering everyone does not have access to a 3d printer and
filament can only be bought in quantities such as 1kg which is again very
expensive to print a 5-10 gram keychain, some folks reached out to me
wanting to buy the keychain. The logo and the keychain are both under a
creative commons non-commercial license and I require permission from PyCon
2020 organisers before undertaking any such commercial venture. I do have
limited knowledge about licensing and seek organisers' and senior
members' advice. I believe making this available to the community will
serve a dual purpose:

1. Provide a memento for the year PyCon happened online and bring it a
little closer to our homes
2. I will be donating a part of the profits for COVID relief.

[1]: https://twitter.com/rasponicc/status/1298308506634706944
[2]: https://twitter.com/rasponicc/status/1295720334252007424
[3]: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4573430
[4]: https://github.com/pythonindia/inpycon2020/blob/master/LICENSE.md

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Warmly,
Aakanksha