[Inpycon] PyCon India 2020 - CFP

Kumar Anirudha anirudhastark at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 08:09:16 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Given the current scenario, it's unlikely we can have a physical conference
anytime soon. Hence, we are considering an online format for [PyCon India
2020][1].

The dates for PyCon India 2020 as such will be October 2-5.
There will be 3 parallel tracks in 2 consecutive days of the conference on
October 2nd and 3rd.

Workshop will be on October 4th and devsprint on October 4th and 5th. All
of which will be of online format. Given the interest towards any
particular session, we may extend or shorten the time allocated towards it.

With that, our call for talk proposals are open now.
Some important dates regarding CFP:
- We'll be [opening CFP][2] from today, Friday, April 24th.
- Last date to submit CFP will be August 14th.
- Selection process will start from July 1st and final agenda to be
published by September 1st week.
- We will also have rehearsal talks to prepare speakers and content for
this online format, details of which will be discussed later and announced
accordingly.

We'll also need to make some changes to our volunteer workgroups, which
will be a separate thread.

We've not decided on which platform to use yet. But, if you've any
suggestions, we would be glad to hear about it.

If you've any doubts or thoughts regarding the above, please feel free to
respond here or reach out to any of us on [Zulip][3] #2020/discussion
stream, [IRC][4] at #pyconindia or mail.

We look forward to all your support and making our first online PyCon
India, a grand success.

[1]: https://in.pycon.org/2020/
[2]: https://in.pycon.org/cfp/2020/proposals/
[3]: https://pyconindia.zulipchat.com/