[Inpycon] Keynote Speaker Suggestions

Pradyun Gedam pradyunsg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:00:54 EST 2019

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 3:45 AM, Utkarsh Gupta <guptautkarsh2102 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:27 AM Vijay Kumar <vijaykumar at bravegnu.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>> While we wait for the confirmation of the dates, we can start the
>> keynote speaker selection process. For people new to the conference, the
>> keynotes at PyCon India, are inspiring talks from speakers, that leave a
>> lasting impact on the conference attendees. The keynote speakers also
>> help to tip the scales, for people having second thoughts about
>> attending the conference. This increases participation in the conference
>> and enriches the overall experience of the conference.
>>
>> As indicated in the proposal we will be having 4 keynote speakers.
>> Please send in your keynote speaker suggestion, to the mailing list.
>>

> Mariatta Wijaya [1][2].
> She's a Python Core Developer.

+1 for Mariatta.

I think it's grossly unfair to have just "She's a Python Core Developer" as
a description for her.

She received the PSF Community Service Award in Q3 2018. [1] She was the
second female CPython Core developer, one of only 5 today. She has given a
talk at PyCon about what being a CPython Core Developer means. [2]

She has done a lot toward improving CPython's development workflow and
making CPython development more accessible to first time contributors. She
is also the author of PEP 581. She's a co-organizer of the PyLadies
Vancouver Meetup and a co-chair of PyCascades.

[1]: https://www.python.org/community/awards/psf-awards/#september-2018
[2]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhj7eb6TrtI

Best,