[Inpycon] Keynote Speaker Suggestions

Anwesha Das anwesha at das.community
Thu Feb 21 03:06:55 EST 2019

On 2/11/19 11:06 AM, Vijay Kumar wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> While we wait for the confirmation of the dates, we can start the
> keynote speaker selection process. For people new to the conference, the
> keynotes at PyCon India, are inspiring talks from speakers, that leave a
> lasting impact on the conference attendees. The keynote speakers also
> help to tip the scales, for people having second thoughts about
> attending the conference. This increases participation in the conference
> and enriches the overall experience of the conference.
>
> As indicated in the proposal we will be having 4 keynote speakers.
> Please send in your keynote speaker suggestion, to the mailing list.
> Please send in one keynote speaker suggestion per mail, containing a
> brief description about the speaker. If you like a suggestion, use +1
> style voting to indicate preference for a particular keynote speaker.
> Once the dates are confirmed, we will ping the keynote speakers in the
> order of preference

I want to suggest Adivi Sarva Lakshmi Devi's  (A S L Devi) name as the
keynote speaker. Devi is an independent software consultant and a
trainer with an experience of more than 12 years in the industry. She
has given couple of talks and a workshop at PyCon India before, which
were very well received. She has done http://M.Tech  in Computational
Science from IISc, before which she tried out teaching mathematics.

She is a consistent and valuable part of Python India community. I
remember PyCon India 2012 when I first met this mom of 2, she was one of
(unfortunately) very few women Python programmer in our community. She
is giving courage to many of us, the women in our community. Now it is
high time that I think we should appreciate her and let all the newbies
and everyone be inspired.

Cheers
Anwesha