[Inpycon] Chennai for PyCon India 2019

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Tue Feb 5 12:16:23 EST 2019

On Monday 04 February 2019 04:35 PM, Anand B Pillai wrote:

> Nice initiative. I attended PySangamam and I have some critical feedback
> which may be of use to you in this effort.
>
> 1. Quality of Talks and Keynote - I was not very happy with the quality
> and level of talks at PySangamam. Personally I felt that the number of
> good quality talks were just a handful. Even considering it was a sub or
> mini conference, I felt the quality was bad.
>
> Now PyCon India is organized at a different scale altogether and the
> size of the talk population for you to sample and select from is much
> higher. Still I'd like the organizing committee to keep this in mind.

Hi Anand,
PySangamam has a different ideology and hence different priorities. For
example talk and speaker diversity were just as important as talk
quality to us. And we tried to compensate for the talk quality through
talk rehearsals, before the event.
> 2. Food - I was generally very unhappy about the quality of food you
> offered at PySangamam. Food is often a hot topic at PyCon (India), so
> this is something to keep in mind.
Likewise the food was there just to make sure people could get along
with the conference with minimal fuss.

We understand the two conferences are different, and we will incorporate
the changes, so that we deliver PyCon India 2019 and not PySangamam
2019. And PySangamam will continue to stand for what its organizers and
the community around it believe in.
> As per the location, Chennai is always a divider when it comes to such
> events, thanks to its rather non-salacious weather.
The only thing we can do over here is to choose a suitable month.

> Hopefully the organizing committee thinks through these aspects and
> takes it into consideration in its final proposal.
>
> All the best.
Thanks for making the expectations clear, and thanks for the wishes.
Looking forward to your continued support and guidance.

Regards,
Vijay