[Inpycon] Pycon India 2018

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 10:45:37 EDT 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM, E Manivannan <
elangovan.manivannan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>        Hyderabad Python group(HydPy) is organising "Pycon Hyderabad" in
> the 1st weekend of October, 2018.
>
> We have a team of volunteers who are working on upcoming conference
> relentlessly & we have got in-principle agreement from 2 international
> speakers to be the keynote speakers as well.
> Having said that, I wanted to see a lot more enthusiasm, commitment & free
> spirit from rest of the community in organising Pycon India. However I'm
> disappointed with the direction it has taken so far. I was very sad when
> Pycon Pune got cancelled and now Pycon India event also seems to be in
> jeopardy, which is completely not acceptable to me & rest of the community.
>
> So here is my proposal, HydPy is willing to host "Pycon India" event in
> Hyderabad instead of "Pycon Hyderabad" this year.  Current HydPy volunteers
> will work with rest of the volunteers across India to make this event
> happen in October, 2018.  We would need some level of automnomy in running
> the event - venue, food, ticket volunteer etc.
>
> If the community agrees, Hydpy will host Pycon India 2018 otherwise you
> are all welcome to join us in "Pycon Hyderabad 2018".
>

> +1.
Just to be clear, want to understand the level of autonomy you are looking
for.
Since PyCon India is a national level event and Python communities from all
over India contributes to make the event happen, its better to have all
major discussions and decisions in the mailing list. And also, volunteers
from all over India should be given equal opportunities and credits without
any discrimination.

Working with PSSI could be hectic sometimes as things might not be
processed on time. It would be best to work out the involvement of PSSI
with PyCon India well before as there are lots of confusion around that
(just an accounting body in year *2017* which was changed in *2018* when we
started with PyCon India initially).

Just to remind one more thing here, the five year term of PSSI board
members ends by this June and would be better to clarify the next steps
before proceeding with PyCon India *2018* to avoid any confusion later.

Thanks,
Vijay