[Inpycon] Pycon India 2018

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 11:56:58 EDT 2018

On 12 March 2018 at 21:18, E Manivannan <elangovan.manivannan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>        Hyderabad Python group(HydPy) is organising "Pycon Hyderabad" in the
> 1st weekend of October, 2018.
>
> We have a team of volunteers who are working on upcoming conference
> relentlessly & we have got in-principle agreement from 2 international
> speakers to be the keynote speakers as well.
> Having said that, I wanted to see a lot more enthusiasm, commitment & free
> spirit from rest of the community in organising Pycon India. However I'm
> disappointed with the direction it has taken so far. I was very sad when
> Pycon Pune got cancelled and now Pycon India event also seems to be in
> jeopardy, which is completely not acceptable to me & rest of the community.
>
> So here is my proposal, HydPy is willing to host "Pycon India" event in
> Hyderabad instead of "Pycon Hyderabad" this year.  Current HydPy volunteers
> will work with rest of the volunteers across India to make this event happen
> in October, 2018.  We would need some level of automnomy in running the
> event - venue, food, ticket volunteer etc.
>
> If the community agrees, Hydpy will host Pycon India 2018 otherwise you are
> all welcome to join us in "Pycon Hyderabad 2018".

+1. Good on you take the initiative and drop this mail. :)

However, it does seem that some work has started happening on the
ground with the recent mails from Satyakaam and Bibhas. So do take
inputs from them as well. But I whole heatedly agree this gesture and
looking forward to taking this as an excuse to visit Hyderabad as
well!

> Regards,
> Mani

Haris Ibrahim K. V.