[Inpycon] Pycon India 2018 Finance

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Jul 4 14:04:31 EDT 2018

Hi Mani,
   I have some reservations about this but given the situation, it's the
best way forward.

    To avoid the mistakes with IPSS and PSSI, I think it's prudent to
keep the charter of this new organisation as small as possible to limit
the damage it can do. All of the PSSIs goals were noble (support
multiple conferences, stipend for sending people for conferences abroad,
etc) but I think the effort needed to keep all this under control was
under estimated and that led to many ad-hoc decisions and the overall
organisation unwavering.

    Also, I think the AGM on the last day of the conference at the end
of the event will probably not work. We'll rush through it and it'll
just be a "everything fine!" meeting. We should put it somewhere earlier
when people have more energy or maybe in the evening of the first day.

    Finally, I'm in Kozhikode and not Kochi. :)

Thanks.

Cordially,
Noufal