[Inpycon] Stepping down from the PyCon India 2018 core team

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:21:44 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 12:35 AM, chandan kumar <
chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Anand Chitipothu, Noufal Ibrahim, Anand Pillai, Bibhas and  the
> other members of the community,
>
> [...]

In the last thread, Vijay and Vanitha stepped down and we both are in there
> in
> core team still. Yet, you have asked for a new leadership team to run PyCon
> India 2018 without consulting us.  Looks like you and others already have a
> plan in place and wanted us to move away.

I never meant that. My apologies, if it sounded like that.

When I said leadership, I meant only the chair of the conference. Whatever
I've said is not because I don't like the person, but because of his
actions.

I can share many incidents, each which is probably more serious than the
one that is discussed in the mailing list. But my point is not to prove
someone is bad or wrong.

I was offended many times with his actions and behaviour and I know many
other people who got offended the same way. IMHO such behaviour is not
appropriate and it is better for the community to have someone else lead
the conference.

I request you to stay back and make PyCon India 2018 a great event.

Anand