[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Jan 12 15:43:45 EST 2018

On Sat, Jan 13 2018, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

> Its not correct from any point to approve PR.

Stop beating around the bush and answer my question Vijay. What damage
did he do other than not respond to your call for volunteers.

> Even today if he didn't had complete information he could asked in
> review comments and someone would have helped him.  Probably , I could
> have reponded better and will fix it. but this was 2 PR in last 30
> days he approved without complete information.

And how did this damage the conference?

> I personaly support everyone reviewing that why I have always

No you don't. You explicitly told him to "please stop reviewing it."

> requested everyone to review each documents and ask every volunteer to
> communiucate on mailing list as much as possible.

If you're a big proponent of that, where is the discussion on the how to
be a volunteer and what qualifications they need to have on the list
archives? Where are the guidelines publicly posted? Can you point to a
public archive of the rule which he violated by reviewing/approving that
PR? What gives you the right to shoo him away for genuinely
contributing?

Look, I know how much work you've done for the event and I think I speak
for everyone on the list saying that you're a valued member of the
community.

You made a mistake now and instead of doubling down and messing things
up, you should just admit to it, apologise to Shashank publicly and move
forward.

[...]

--
Cordially,