[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Peeyush Aggarwal peeyushaggarwal94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:43:21 EST 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Shashank Kumar <
shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I've been volunteering for PyCon India for last 3 years. It has been
> amazing journey to work with Open Source projects.
> I recently realized that that Python India community is working a bit
> differently than other FOSS groups/communities.
> After years of hard-work in PyCon India, today I got my access removed
> from the repositories (Please note I didn't voluntarily gave up on it,
> neither I mis-behaved with anyone nor have I been inactive [0][1]). What
> I did was to simply review a PR. And I got this reply: [2]

Adding to what everyone said, it was a PR which only involved an RST file
with a blog entry. Even if he did approve it and merged, no harm was done
to any individual or event as a whole. No production broke. No revenue
losses.

Let's say the person did not have info about the correct dates. But wrong
dates and re schedules always follow and it will surely happen this time as
well.

As I heard in Pycon India 2016, A feedback should always be taken as a
feedback.

I would also like to know the guidelines around which the decision to
revoke his access was taken. It would be beneficial for other contributors.