[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Bibhas Ch Debnath me at bibhas.in
Fri Jan 12 13:05:40 EST 2018

On 12-Jan-2018 11:02 PM, "Shashank Kumar" <shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hey folks,

I've been volunteering for PyCon India for last 3 years. It has been
amazing journey to work with Open Source projects.
I recently realized that that Python India community is working a bit
differently than other FOSS groups/communities.
After years of hard-work in PyCon India, today I got my access removed
from the repositories (Please note I didn't voluntarily gave up on it,
neither I mis-behaved with anyone nor have I been inactive [0][1]). What
I did was to simply review a PR. And I got this reply: [2]
Now this makes me really curious about the process of volunteering and
being an open community.

Can someone please shed some light on the process? May be I'm not aware
of it.

I'm not sure about the any "process" as there is none in the Readme file
and there is no contribution guide either. But this is a really really
pathetic comment to make on a PR to an open source software. This is the
kind of comment that drives people away from open source contributions.
It's unfortunate you had to face this. I really hope it doesn't discourage
you to make future contributions to other FOSS projects.

[0]
https://github.com/search?l=&q=org%3Apythonindia+realslimshanky&type=Commits
[1]
https://github.com/search?l=&q=org%3Apythonindia+realslimshanky&type=Issues