[Inpycon] Is PyCon India "really open"?

Balachandran Sivakumar benignbala at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 13:03:57 EST 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Shashank Kumar
<shashankkumarkushwaha at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did was to simply review a PR. And I got this reply: [2]
> Now this makes me really curious about the process of volunteering and
> being an open community.

      Wow, that comment makes me feel so bad. The person with github
account "vnbang2003" has made this comment

"I don't think you are part of volunteering Team for this year so
please stop reviewing it."

       That's one of the most distasteful comment I have seen on any
free/open source repositories. Can the organisers please make it
public that code reviews are not Welcome ? When someone has taken time
to review the content and provide comments, how can someone even tell
not to review/provide comment ?  Thanks

--
Thank you
Balachandran Sivakumar