[Inpycon] Mentoring Speakers

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:07:07 EDT 2018

On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 6:57 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <blucalvin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30 April 2018 at 11:08, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> However, wasn't there discussions regarding not making PyCon India a
> venue for first time speakers? I was, and still am against that
> opinion and I personally feel that first time speakers should be
> encouraged to present at PyCon India, but maybe those thoughts need to
> filter into this discussion as well.

I was one of the people supporting that idea. I guess my point was not
saying no to first timers, but making sure they can give a good talk by
asking them to present at a local meetup before coming to the bigger stage.
I didn't want PyCon India to become a testing ground.

I guess the mentoring program addresses my worries while welcoming
first-time speakers.

Anand