[Inpycon] CFP/Session workgroup Meeting minutes | 20180412

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:34:35 EDT 2018

[...]

> Of course I don't mind the decision taken by the editorial team if it
> takes diversity as a parameter of judging the talks. It can only help and
> make things better. PyCon US has a diversity statement that helps -
> https://us.pycon.org/2018/about/diversity/ and also a detailed CoC -
> https://us.pycon.org/2018/about/code-of-conduct/

I'm strongly against this.

IMHO, we should try out best to get more diversity in proposal submissions.
The talk selection process should only consider the talk quality nothing
else.

We can do everything to get more diversity in proposal submissions. May be
provide travel assistance to all female speakers. Spend efforts to reach
out to potential speakers and invite them to propose a talk. But once the
talk selection starts, there are no reservations.

Anand