[Inpycon] Community participation at PyCon India

Sanyam Khurana sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 10:17:37 EDT 2017

Hey Folks,

PyCon India is run by volunteers and there has been innumerable people
who deserve kudos for there efforts in running the event  for past
nine years. Sponsors are also an important stakeholders in the
ecosystem who  receive a space in the venue for their support to meet
the attendees. While there has been requests from communities in the
past for space , we could not oblige due to space constraints. This
year too a lot of communities  have asked for an area in the venue to
exhibit about their work. We are excited to take this opportunity to
invite communities that are contributing to the ecosystem of Python to
showcase there community/projects activities at PyCon India.

There are multiple ways to showcase your work at PyCon India:

1. Take part in Dev Sprint by submitting a proposal [0].
2. Give a talk at flash talk sessions. The details will be available
as we get closer to the event dates.
3. Register for a slot in open spaces. The details will be available
in the separate announcement later.
4. Showcase your work to the attendees in the booth. Booth is a small
place for two members, with a table. You can carry one standee of your
community. You are free to hand over stickers, brochures to visitors.
Space limits us; we would try our best to accommodate all the
participating communities.More details will be communicated to you
later for participating time. If you are part of a community would
like to avail the space, please fill this form [1]. Know someone who
will be beneficial? Please pass on the link.

There are many different communities in the wider Python ecosystem,
and by connecting various people of different backgrounds, we believe
the Python community as a whole will grow stronger and hopefully will
get new members who can be future contributors.

Please fill this form[1] if you want to showcase  your community at PyCon India

On the conference day, we will provide a space where you can freely
communicate in a relaxed and casual way. That way everybody can learn
about all kinds of communities. Even if you haven’t participated in a
community so far, we highly recommend you check out our community
booth corner!

[0]: https://in.pycon.org/cfp/dev-sprint-2017/proposals/
[1]: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfS0FYzg1BG5uR2xyUKwU4ljLVftak1zkfhJRoCp1AlM8fKQ/viewform

Best,