[Inpycon] Sponsorship for PyCon India 2018

Anuvrat Parashar anuvrat at anuvrat.in
Thu Nov 30 08:01:50 EST 2017

+1  Anand C.

I mulled over contributing as an associate Sponsor but the price tag made
me conclude "perhaps next year".
And now its even higher :(

We should perhaps reduce the cost of a fleeting mention on the website for
the most insignificant sponsor.
Something that makes people like me go, "Shut up and take my money" :)

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've been upset with the sponsorship slabs of pycon India for a while. The
> sponsorship slabs are too expensive for startups. Can you name a local
> python shop that sponsored pycon India except pipal academy and zeomega in
> last 2 years? Hacker Earth was the only other one 3 years ago.
>
> I believe the role of sponsorship is more than fund raising. It is a great
> way to connect python companies with the community. In the best interest of
> python community, we should try to maximize the number of companies that
> get connected in addition to making sure we raise enough sponsorship to
> meet e expenses.
>
> In the initial years of PyCon India, almost all sponsorships came from
> small local companies, mostly because they wanted to be part of the
> community. I dont see these kind of companies any more at pycon India.
>
> Not sure if anyone noticed, the lowest sponsorship option for pycon India
> (as proposed in this thread) is more expensive than that of US Pycon.
>
> I think it is time revisit our sponsorship priorities. What does it take
> to get 50 companies to sponsor pycon India and connect them with the python
> community?

Perhaps we can conduct a survey (with a tweet?) asking what people would be
willing to pay for a associate sponsorship.

Anuvrat Parashar <http://anuvrat.in>
http://anuvrat.in