[Inpycon] Copyright violation of PyCon India website by blockchain 2017 conference organizer

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Nov 29 08:33:50 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 29 2017, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

> We welcome people using our assets but with proper communication in prior.
> Nobody is intending to derail any event or any volunteers effort.

With a proper license, they won't have to communicate or tell us. That
works better.

> The concern is somebody using PyCon India's assets and claiming
> copyrights on their website. The content on the website is theirs but
> not the website design, sponsorship prospectus, etc..
>
> The website design, code, sponsorship prospectus are all assets of
> PSSI/PyCon India and nobody can claim ownership of that. I would have
> appreciated if they have handled this ethically.

It was a probably an oversight and a quick search/replace job. Let's
give them the benefit of the doubt rather than question their
ethics. Most of the people on the blockchain conference team are the
Pycon India volunteers anyway.

> As suggested by everyone, lets add license with the clause of usage
> for our assets to avoid this in future.

Yup.

[...]

--