[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2018

Sayan Chowdhury sayan.chowdhury2012 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 08:13:02 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> During our last F2F meeting , we spoke on different venue available to host
> PyCon India 2018.
>
> Below is list
> 1) NIHMANS(One of the volunteer infomred it's not available sept month)
> 2) BIEC:
> 3) Palace ground
> 4) MLR white field
> 5) College(Chirst college)
>

> BIEC:
>
> Biec is the place where lot of big conferences are happening in bangalore.
> (http://www.biec.in/capacity_chart_confrence)
> BIEC's convention centre provide multipe halls of capacity
> (1400,700,250,100)
> It also has few other smaller halls that can used as per need.
>
> Cost of BIEC convention centre is 4.5 L per day. (Apart from setup
> cost(chairs, internet, and other things))
>
> They even have multiple expo halls with 2500 + people capacity. Each expo
> hall will cost us around 8 Lakh per day.
>
> If we plan to go with BIEC, we surely need to raise our registation fee to
> minimum 3,000 - 3,500 rupee per head and find more sponsors.
>

> Do share thoughts?

We are going forward with BIEC as the venue. Based on the number of
talks, keynotes, 3 days is the optimum so the days for the conference.
The conference dates for PyCon India 2018 would be 29th, 30th, 31st of
August 2018.

If you have comments, please share by tomorrow 30th Nov 2017, before
the Volunteers meeting.

--
Sayan Chowdhury <https://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org/>
Senior Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering - Emerging Platform

Proud to work at The Open Organization!