[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2018

Bibhas Ch Debnath me at bibhas.in
Thu Nov 23 01:55:33 EST 2017

On 20-Nov-2017 12:23 PM, "vijay kumar" <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,
During our last F2F meeting , we spoke on different venue available to host
PyCon India 2018.

Below is list
1) NIHMANS(One of the volunteer infomred it's not available sept month)
2) BIEC:
3) Palace ground
4) MLR white field
5) College(Chirst college)

KTPO in Whitefield can also be an option? Ktpo.org

BIEC:

Biec is the place where lot of big conferences are happening in bangalore. (
http://www.biec.in/capacity_chart_confrence)
BIEC's convention centre provide multipe halls of capacity
(1400,700,250,100)
It also has few other smaller halls that can used as per need.

Cost of BIEC convention centre is 4.5 L per day. (Apart from setup
cost(chairs, internet, and other things))

They even have multiple expo halls with 2500 + people capacity. Each expo
hall will cost us around 8 Lakh per day.

If we plan to go with BIEC, we surely need to raise our registation fee to
minimum 3,000 - 3,500 rupee per head and find more sponsors.

Do share thoughts?

Note:  Few volunteers have plan to visit BIEC this week. (Tentative
thursday evening 4PM as manager is avaiable only on that day)