[Inpycon] Venue for PyCon India 2018

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 06:06:33 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>
wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 12:23 vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> During our last F2F meeting , we spoke on different venue available to
>> host PyCon India 2018.
>>
>> Below is list
>> 1) NIHMANS(One of the volunteer infomred it's not available sept month)
>> 2) BIEC:
>> 3) Palace ground
>> 4) MLR white field
>> 5) College(Chirst college)
>>

> http://manphoconvention.com
>
> They can accommodate 3000 people with ease.

I spoke to Manpho guys below is cost break down .
Note:
Each of the hall is different floor .
They don't have dining hall , we need to book one of hall to do setup.
cost doesn't include chair, table, internet.

*HALL NAMES*

*SQ FT*

*SEATINGS*

*PRICE*

LEGACY G

26724

3000

550000

LEGACY 1

21839

2000

350000

LEGACY 2

12711

2000

200000

OXFORD

3520

500

150000

CAMBRIDGE

2781

400

150000

STERLING

1650

170

35000

WINDSOR

1870

160

30000

MANCHESTER

960

100

20000

KENT

571

40

15000

>> BIEC:
>>
>> Biec is the place where lot of big conferences are happening in
>> bangalore. (http://www.biec.in/capacity_chart_confrence)
>> BIEC's convention centre provide multipe halls of capacity
>> (1400,700,250,100)
>> It also has few other smaller halls that can used as per need.
>>
>> Cost of BIEC convention centre is 4.5 L per day. (Apart from setup
>> cost(chairs, internet, and other things))
>>
>> They even have multiple expo halls with 2500 + people capacity. Each expo
>> hall will cost us around 8 Lakh per day.
>>

>> --
Thanks,
Vijay