[Inpycon] Proposal for PyCon India 2018

chandan kumar chandankumar.093047 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 07:38:34 EDT 2017

Hello,

Year 2018 marks the 10th anniversary of PyCon India. And we, PyCon India
volunteers, want to make PyCon India 2018 a grand phenomenon, a best PyCon
India ever!

We would like to host this year's PyCon India in Bangalore and we are
calling for help and support from volunteers from all over India.

Since Bangalore is the birthplace of PyCon India, we have venues like
NIMHANS to accommodate close to 1700 participants, and also the experience
in organizing multiple successful PyCon India’s so far, we feel Bangalore
is the best choice.
We have formed a team of volunteers[1].  to get the planning started. We
are intending to bring a lot of new additions to PyCon India 2018 and
enhance it further. Requesting more volunteers to join the hands together
to write a success story.

Let us, Indian Python Community, come together to make our 10th PyCon India
a bigger, better and largest of all!

Tentative Plan
* Dates: In between Sept 1st, - Oct 10th.
* Participants count : 1500 - 2000 Participants.
* Conference days : 4-5 days long (Devsprints, workshop, Talks, poster
presentation and more)
* Venue : NIMHANS (We will look for other options as well)

Let us know if any queries or concerns.

Links:
[1]. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10BN7RcfRumN2CkOE0p5BkcYUlzXf_
vQiREnhT8nvPd8/edit?usp=sharing

Regards,

Chandan Kumar & Sayan Chowdhury
On behalf of PyCon India 2018 volunteers