[Inpycon] [Discussion] Guidelines for Keynote speaker

Kracekumar Ramaraj me at kracekumar.com
Tue May 2 03:03:59 EDT 2017

Hi

 As per Vijay Kumar's [0] email in another thread, I'm spinning this
conversation to prevent diverting the existing conversation.

Here is the stated response

----
Hi Everyone,
I have been following this thread, and would like to make a suggestion
here. The term keynote speaker is heavily overloaded. As it is obvious
from the Wikipedia page on the subject. It will be great, if we can have a
guidelines page in https://github.com/pythonindia/pyconindia-handbook as
to what is expected from a keynote speaker. This will help set, clear
expectations, which will help save time and effort. Just my 2 cents.

BTW, I do understand the role of a keynote speaker in the context of PyCon
India. But there will definitely be a skew to my own understanding. And in
a community run event, where a lot of people are involved, each one will
have a distorted  view of his own. Setting a common guidelines, will help
set a baseline. This will also be useful to people new to the community.

Just in case, it sounds so, I am not trying to undermine any suggestion
made over here. I have a great respect for all people mentioned on this
thread. I am just trying to streamline the process.

Regards,
Vijay Kumar (@bravegnu)
----

[0]: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2017-May/011059.html