[Inpycon] Sponsorship for PyCon India 2018

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Fri Dec 1 01:44:16 EST 2017

On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 at 04:17 Vijay Kumar <vijaykumar at bravegnu.org> wrote:

> On Thu, November 30, 2017 6:12 pm, Anand Chitipothu wrote:
> > I believe the role of sponsorship is more than fund raising. It is a
> > great way to connect python companies with the community. In the best
> > interest of python community, we should try to maximize the number of
> > companies that get connected in addition to making sure we raise enough
> > sponsorship to meet e expenses.
>
> +1 for this. One approach is the "Contributor Ticket" model. Something
> along the lines of https://2016.pycon-au.org/sponsors/contributor

In PyCon India  2017, there was a community-supporter ticket for Rs.5000
and 9 people bought those tickets.

Regarding Startup, as highlighted by Satya during our discussions, we have
not seen much uptake for 50K tickets in last 3 years. We need the rework on
what startups will get from investing their precious funds( most of them
will be having funding challenges). Either we should try and reduce the
sponsorship cost for them or give them more value for their investment(
such as an opportunity to do present their story for 5 min. in main
conference hall at the end of day one, just before the last keynote)
- sree

> Regards,
> Vijay

Sreekanth S R
Executive Director
Mahiti

#6, 1st Floor, Ganesh Chambers
Dodda Banaswadi Main Road,
Bangalore - 560043
Location: Near the Ramamurthy Nagar Traffic Signal on the Outer Ring Road
Mobile: +91-98455-12611
http://www.mahiti.org
*(An ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001:2013 Enterprise)*