[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Wed Apr 5 06:26:43 EDT 2017

On Wed 5 Apr, 2017, 11:28 AM Jaidev Deshpande, <deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com>
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 10:40 Sanyam Khurana <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in>
wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Sanyam Khurana <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com
>
> wrote:
> Whichever (conf / sprint) has the prospect of attracting more attendees
> should get the weekend.
> So that less people have to take extra leaves.
> IMO its the conference.
>
> what say?

I'd agree with Krace if we can have one day for workshop, two days for
conf and two days for dev sprints.

> Or something completely unheard of.
>
> lets do it from Monday to Friday.
> So that people visiting from other parts of India can choose to stay back
> for the weekend and enjoy the places in and around Delhi, without the
> conference holding them in one place.
>
> too weird?

I'm not sure about this. Not looking good to me.

I would strongly advise against having the talks on any day other than a
Saturday and a Sunday.

+1
These are the days that attract max participation and should engage them in
main conference activities.

--
Sreekanth S R
Executive Director

#6, 1st Floor, Ganesh Chambers
Dodda Banaswadi Main Road,
Bangalore - 560043
Location: Near the Ramamurthy Nagar Traffic Signal on the Outer Ring Road
Mobile: +91-98455-12611
http://www.mahiti.org
*(An ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001:2013 Enterprise)*