[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

qua non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 06:06:55 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:18 AM, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Thin Rhino <thinrhino at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> | I don't see PyCon Pune in the list ... can apply for the trademark
> | and if he gets permission he can use it.
> \--
>
> You cannot apply for the trademark. Permission should suffice.
>
> On this note, I would also like to encourage local Python meet-up
> groups to see how they can scale out to a larger conference.
>
> For example, how can PyDelhi run a PyCon Delhi conference,

We at PyDelhi group had discussed this and felt this would be detrimental
to the community as a whole.
That is one of the reason why we specifically named our conference
PyDelhiConf.

On this note as PyDelhi is slated to host PyCon India in 2017, we do feel
that
given the situation it seems Pune folks feel they did not get enough of a
chance to pitch for PyCon India in Pune.

In the interest of the community, we have absolutely no issue if the Pune
python folks want to hold PyCon India 2017 in Pune. If so, they can send a
formal proposal to the list for holding a PyCon India in Pune.

If your intention is to have a national event for python then let's name it
appropriately. PyCon India.

Let's involve the national community and ask for when the event would be
appropriate for majority to attend, just like it's done every time.

It's good for the community if the national level event happens in
different places every time.

We will all pitch in and support to help PyCon India 2017 happen in Pune.