[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:48:29 EDT 2016

Hi,

--- On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Thin Rhino <thinrhino at gmail.com> wrote:
| I don't see PyCon Pune in the list ... can apply for the trademark
| and if he gets permission he can use it.
\--

You cannot apply for the trademark. Permission should suffice.

On this note, I would also like to encourage local Python meet-up
groups to see how they can scale out to a larger conference.

For example, how can PyDelhi run a PyCon Delhi conference, or
Chennaipy run a PyCon Chennai conference.

The one/two-day workshops and talks can be moved to other tier cities
to start PyFaridabad or PyMadurai, for example.

The infrastructure, logistics and human resource needs are quite
different in India. Decentralization greatly helps to scale out, and
prevents a single point of failure.

Best wishes,

SK

--