[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Fri Oct 14 04:20:52 EDT 2016

I'm all for more conferences happening but I don't know if you should
call it PyCon. There isn't a PyCon Pune, PyCon Delhi or PyCon
Bangalore. There's just a PyCon India and it's held once a year (usually
towards the end of the year around Sep).

If this is a bid for PyCon India 2017 in Pune, that's one thing. If it's
for another conference in Pune, wonderful but the name should, I think,
be something else.

On Fri, Oct 14 2016, chandan kumar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While all of us are waiting for next year's PyCon India, a group of Python
> community members decided to meet at the beginning of the year  :)
> It quickly became apparent this should also be open to the community.
> Therefore, another 4 days of PyCon will be held in Pune during
> February, 16-19th, 2017 so the Indian Python Community and friends can meet
> again during spring. :)
>
> There will be 2 days of talks, and 2 days of devsprints. While the details
> are still being finalized, the call for
> volunteers is open. PyCon is a community conference and run by volunteers.
> If you think you will
> able to help out in some ways, feel free to submit your contact details in
> the following form [1]. The
> organizing team is being formed from volunteers as well and will make sure
> everyone is contacted back.
>
> There will be opportunities to join in as on-site volunteers, but this mail
> is going out early to give everyone
> a chance to make a successful PyCon for the community.
>
> Links:
> [1].
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSevs3A8upqpW6mhk6eJhGNCrj1NIxrWxSaX80BeraEkGgtXxA/viewform
>
> Thanks,