[Inpycon] Query: Upcoming Python Workshop

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Jun 29 00:38:58 EDT 2016

Hello Sajal,
   The September event in Delhi is more than just a workshop. It's a 3
day conference. The first day (23rd) is for workshops. These will be
longer (2.5 hour) sessions with some time for hands on practice and
limited one on one interaction. 24 and 25th are for talks which will
last around 30 minutes and will be delivered from a stage to a larger
audience. There will also be plenty of time to network with other python
programmers and the community in general. That's the overall idea.

   To address your question specifically, there are multiple workshops
proposed for the 23rd. The list is  over here
https://in.pycon.org/cfp/2016/proposals/?proposal_type=8#proposals (you
might need an account to view this). They're just proposals now and
we're still reviewing them to see which ones will actually be made
available. Once that list is up, individual workshops will have  their
own pre requisites. e.g.
https://in.pycon.org/cfp/2016/proposals/generators-inside-out~b2WPd/ is
an advanced workshop that expects the audience to know python quite well
before attending whereas
https://in.pycon.org/cfp/2016/proposals/document-your-code-sphinx-workshop~eX5la/
is a more introductory workshop without many pre requisites. Remember
that these are proposals and not yet finalised. So, to answer your
questions about pre requisites, it depends on which workshop you're
looking at. You'll have to contact the proposer of the workshop to know
all the details.

   As for the the tickets, I'm assuming they'll be up for sale once the
workshops are finalised. I'm not sure when that will be. The list is
CC'ed in this email so perhaps someone from it will reply. From the
review calendar, it looks like they'll be available in late August.

Thanks