[Inpycon] devsprint at pycon

bigj jaysinhp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:51:20 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 22 June 2016 10:01 PM, Kushal Das wrote:
> 3 days devsprint, personally I think it is a bad idea. Let me write
> why. Generally in any conference dev sprints happen only after main
> conference, so that the new participants know what to expect. They
> will also not confused between seeing a talk or being in the dev
> sprint. During and before the conference last year, I told many times
> not to do it before the event, same goes to during the event. I am
> also telling this from my experience from being the coordinator for
> dev sprints in PyCon US (which is the last 4 days after main
> conference). Kusha

 From my last experience, I will suggest to bring Dev Sprint before the
conference. I noticed there were few friends who continued coding with
their dev sprint team even during the conference. They were keep
attending talk in which they were interest and coming back to dev sprint
team in free time. This gave them nice time to spent with their dev
sprint team. I think this will not be possible if we will arrange Dev
sprint after the conference.