[Inpycon] devsprint at pycon

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 13:11:20 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:29 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:01 PM, Kushal Das <kushaldas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in>
>> wrote:
>> > Namaste
>> >
>> > We have an air-conditioned conference hall with a capacity of seating 60
>> > at
>> > our disposal during the conference.
>> > Would a three day devsprint be an appealing venture?
>> >
>> 3 days devsprint, personally I think it is a bad idea. Let me write why.
>>
>> Generally in any conference dev sprints happen only after main conference,
>> so that the new participants know what to expect. They will also not
>> confused
>> between seeing a talk or being in the dev sprint. During and before
>> the conference
>> last year, I told many times not to do it before the event, same goes
>> to during the
>> event. I am also telling this from my experience from being the
>> coordinator for
>> dev sprints in PyCon US (which is the last 4 days after main conference).
>>

> I agree with you but we don't have volunteer base big enough for managing.

Other than the participants for the sprints, we have actually have
only 2 person for
the sprints. I generally run around to work as a running radio to announce any
thing (say lunch time or information about coffee).

> How about doing this , End Talks by 4 PM and sprint 4 PM - 9 PM so this will
> help both participants and Volunteering managing it.

Sounds good, but generally people are tried after a good conference day. Many
friends meet in PyCon, and they would prefer to go out for dinner.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer