[Inpycon] devsprint at pycon

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 12:31:10 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 9:20 PM, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in> wrote:
> Namaste
>
> We have an air-conditioned conference hall with a capacity of seating 60 at
> our disposal during the conference.
> Would a three day devsprint be an appealing venture?

3 days devsprint, personally I think it is a bad idea. Let me write why.

Generally in any conference dev sprints happen only after main conference,
so that the new participants know what to expect. They will also not confused
between seeing a talk or being in the dev sprint. During and before
the conference
last year, I told many times not to do it before the event, same goes
to during the
event. I am also telling this from my experience from being the coordinator for
dev sprints in PyCon US (which is the last 4 days after main conference).

 Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer