[Inpycon] First-cut talk selection for Pycon India

Gora Mohanty gora at mimirtech.com
Sun Jul 24 12:50:22 EDT 2016

Hello everyone,

We have gone through the submitted talk, and workshop proposals. Our
gratitude to all our proposers, and reviewers, for the effort that they put
into the CFP. Again, as a community-driven conference, the success of Pycon
India is driven by people like you.

Thanks to the work already put into the proposals, the CFP committee was
able to consider every single talk, and make a final judgement based on
various criteria. We found that we did not quite have a sufficient number
of talks, and workshops, to entirely fill up three dedicated tracks for two
days. Rather than dilute the quality of the accepted proposals, we have
chosen to leave some open slots where people can do their own
presentations. For this, we will follow the practice of the previous year (
https://in.pycon.org/cfp/pycon-india-2015-open-spaces/proposals/ ), and
have an open CFP in a few days time.

Proposers who made the first-cut selection have been informed of this fact
through the Reviews tab for their talk, and should have received an email.
Please do feel free to contact talk-selection at in.pycon.org should you have
any further queries, or concerns.

Regards,
Gora