[Inpycon] Requesting a table for PSF

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Thu Aug 18 11:55:08 EDT 2016

On Thu, Aug 18 2016, vijay kumar wrote:

[...]

> We need to understand from all angles.
>     If all Python User groups(PyLadies(Bangalore and Pune), Django Girls,
> Bangpypers, ChennaiPy, PyDelhim PunePython ) come and request table do  you
> think we can accomdate?

This is hypothetical so not really a clincher but nevertheless, If they
all do ask and there are people genuinely interested in doing it, "we"
should find a way to provide space for everyone. What's the point of a
"community" conference if there are limitations on platforms for
communities?

> Below is what i feel is good
>
> 1) add pamphlets about PSF in our swag kit (after getting approval from PSF)
> 2) add standee to showcase PSF works. (after getting approval from PSF)
> 3) one hour community session for all  groups to showcase along with PSF.
> 4) Open space talk (it will be in schedule of open space,  interested
> people will join for sure)
>     After open space , follow up question can always been taken
> offline

None of these are as effective as having a full time table/booth.

I'm having qualms about this thread and am stopping now.

My final word on the matter is that I think a table should be provided
for the PSF and the people who have the energy and initiative to man it
should be given a free hand.

[...]

--
Cordially,